Which? magazine explores ways to keep people safe in their homes and outside by using electronic devices to alert others for assistance. Personal alarms allow people to call for assistance if they have an accident or a fall at home. They can help older and less abled people to feel safer at home, and to remain independent for longer. They can also offer peace of mind to family and friends.
What will I learn?
- Basic personal alarms for the elderly.
- Alarms that send a signal for assistance.
- Personal alarms and telecare.
- Fall detectors and alarms.
- How much does a personal alarm cost?
- Lifeline alarm services.
- Choosing and buying a personal alarm.