Presentation from Dr Neelam Dhingra-Kumar, Coordinator, Patient Safety and Risk Management, at the World Health Organization's "A Global Consultation – A decade of Patient Safety 2020–2030".
The WHO Flagship Initiative “A Decade of Patient Safety 2020-2030” will:
- Respond to global movement and latest developments in the area of patient safety.
- Give due prominence to the concept “First do not harm” and patient safety area of work.
- Call for political commitment and immediate action at country level.
- Leverage resources (internal and external/financial and human).
- Ensure institutional mechanisms within the organisation for coordinated work across departments/divisions, especially with disease-specific programmes.