A free eBook for everyone who responds to deteriorating hospital in-patients. This book has been written for team members and leaders of hospital rapid response teams who attend deteriorating patients. It provides pragmatic advice on a number of topics. These include:
- How to design then run effective rapid response systems.
- Principles of team management.
- An A to E approach to clinical deterioration.
- An approach to managing acute dying.
- Approaches to common acute clinical conditions including hypoxia, altered consciousness, hypotension, oliguria and sepsis.
Its authors are all intensive care specialists and experts in the field. They have been involved in the design, implementation and governance of rapid response systems across Australia and New Zealand at both local and national levels as well as teaching and researching in this area.
Evidence for the recommendations made are provided as a comprehensive reading list at the end of each chapter.
Managing deteriorating patients: Rapid response team handbook by Chalwin Jones and Psirides Radford (2018) https://rrthandbook.org/
0 reactions so far
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now