A process map is a planning and management tool that visually describes the flow of work. Using process mapping software, process maps show a series of events that produce an end result.
Why use this tool?
- To capture and visually represent all the steps in an existing process.
- To show everyone in a team how a process works in practice now, rather than what they think is happening,
- To help identify change ideas for improvement.
- To visually represent a new process.
- To assist team building as it should involve all team members in accurately capturing current process and the design of any new process.