The International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) has set up a FIP COVID-19 information hub with guidance to support pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce in responding to the pandemic. The updated guidance document takes into account newly available evidence and recommendations.
The FIP hub includes:
- Modes of transmission and incubation period..
- Pharmacy operations and facilities: ensuring safety and continuity of service.
- Preventive measures, including the use of masks.
- Pharmacy interventions and patient counselling.
- Treatment guidelines and medicines that may need to be stocked.
- Progress in medicines and vaccines development.
- Laboratory testing for COVID-19 in suspected human cases.
- Cleaning and disinfection products and procedures.
- Travel advice.
This guidance is based on the available evidence and the recommendations of reputable organisations such as the World Health Organization, the United States and the European Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, and others, at the time of publishing. Knowledge on COVID-19 is rapidly changing and recommendations may change accordingly.
FIP is also providing educational webinars and new communication lines related to COVID-19.