This report from Long Covid Support summarises patient's experiences of Long Covid.
- An estimated 90%+ of Long Covid patients were not hospitalised. 7 months post infection, c.70% reported being too unwell to work at all or to their previous capacity.
- 82% of respondents to the survey have struggled to secure referrals since publication of the NICE/SIGN/RCGP guideline and list of clinics.
- There is an urgent need for information and clarity of referral pathways to remove barriers to access as well as inefficiencies.
- There is an urgent need for information and communications to reach GPs and other health professionals to help patients access investigations and treatment, safely and consistently,
- Patients and health professionals need access to a central list of clinics and other services that is kept up to date and includes contact details
- It is concerning that patient safety is being compromised with the current approach to identifying and managing Long Covid.
- It is vital that safe and effective rehabilitation advice is disseminated to health professionals and patients as a matter of urgency.
0 reactions so far