Skip to content

Vaccine made my life hell

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 20 years ago and although it’s been difficult, I kept working and pushed through. I received a Covid vaccine in 2023, after which I had a migraine that lasted for 4 weeks. There were blood tests, ct scans and so many different migraine meds that I lost count. When the migraine finally left me, I realised how sore my body was. Especially my feet. I’ve spent my life power walking everywhere, now I need a walking stick to move around my home and it all happened in the space of a month. When I started doing research on this issue, I noticed that as far back as 2021, other countries like Italy, Spain and America were talking about the link between the vaccine and fibromyalgia. I don’t believe for a second that the British government didn’t know anything about this! Now I’m having to fight tooth and nail to get motobility! I’ve told everyone that I’ve spoken to in the NHS about the link and no one cares! I’ve been waiting for 2 months to get Occupational Therapy, my psychiatrist was supposed to refer me to a CPN last October, but he left in December. I found this out in February when I called to find out why my psychiatrist hadn’t phoned me for my 3 month check. Then 2 months after that I get a call from another psychiatrist and find out that there had been no referral to CPN. I’m now back on antidepressants and at my wits end. 

Featured Replies

@SpecialRed You can email [email protected] if you are interested in joining UKCVFamily's support forum for people who have experienced vaccine injury. They may be able to offer some signposting to research regarding your symptoms and services that can offer further support.

  • 2 months later...

That sounds incredibly tough—you’ve really been through so much. It must feel frustrating not being heard or supported properly after everything you’ve dealt with. I hope you’re able to get the right care and help soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.