Good morning, I am hoping to gain some insights into how other organisations assess the level of harm for incidents of anaphylaxis or severe drug reactions? I work within a private homecare setting with the vast majority of our patients receiving administration of medication via a clinician - ranging from antibiotics to chemotherapy. Currently, within our organisation incidents reporting a severe drug reaction/anaphylaxis are graded as moderate-severe harm. There has been some discussion recently around the harm grading of these incidents, and I was hoping to seek guidance from external patient safety colleagues as to how their organisations assess the harm level for these types of incidents? Many thanks
Registered address:
Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ
Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.
Good morning, I am hoping to gain some insights into how other organisations assess the level of harm for incidents of anaphylaxis or severe drug reactions? I work within a private homecare setting with the vast majority of our patients receiving administration of medication via a clinician - ranging from antibiotics to chemotherapy. Currently, within our organisation incidents reporting a severe drug reaction/anaphylaxis are graded as moderate-severe harm. There has been some discussion recently around the harm grading of these incidents, and I was hoping to seek guidance from external patient safety colleagues as to how their organisations assess the harm level for these types of incidents? Many thanks