Skip to content

Vibration plates

I've had a couple of patients recently ask me if they can use vibration plates following their VTE diagnosis and I'm not really sure what to answer with

A quick google says not to use them if you have had a recent DVT diagnosis but nothing about PE

My questions are: 

  • How recent is recent?
  • Can they use them after after 3 months of treatment?
  • Should we advise PE patients not to use them either despite the general information from the companies only specifically saying DVT (I think we should include PE)
  • Does anyone have any experience of advising when they can be used?

Thanks for your help 🤗

Featured Replies

I have never heard of them, sorry!

Dear Alex

I am not coming from an evidenced based knowledge - but, if new clot - anti-coagulated  - then the clot is being dissolved and potentially friable - so - perhaps not use then ?

One can do the same exercises off the plate?

then after ?one month/2 months then maybe use the vibrator on low intensity?

Just a thought

I googled for an answer and found some great videos!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.