Skip to content

Definition of HAT

Dear Colleagues

I have collated all the responses into the attached document 

If there are any more responses regarding definition of HAT then I shall update the document 

definition of HAT.pdf

Edited by sue bacon

Featured Replies

Apologies I did not reply on time.

Our HAT definition is:

any new episode of VTE diagnosed during hospitalisation or within 90 days of discharge following an inpatient stay of at least 24 hours or a day case surgical procedure or an ambulatory lower limb injury with immobilisation.

Then the VTE must be diagnosed >24h after admission. If diagnosed in the first 24h or if there were high suspicion that the patient already had symptoms on admission - then is not hospital acquired.

I attach our HAT investigation template with our traffic light system

Green - not potentially preventable

Yellow: potentially preventable

Red: potentially preventable for consideration for a PSII learning response 

You can find out criteria to determine if its a green/yellow/red in the HAT form attached

Thank you Sue

HAT form revised PSIRF.docx

Create an account or sign in to comment

Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.