This booklet, from Healthcare Improvement Scotland, is for parents, carers and families of children and young people up to the age of 18 who:
- have been diagnosed with epilepsy, or
- may be going through assessment.
These booklets explain the recommendations in a guideline, produced by the Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN), about investigating and managing epilepsy in children and young people:
- what epilepsy is
- what tests may be offered
- information on risks and safety issues in epilepsy
- what treatments may be offered
- what happens when children move from child services to adult services
- where you can get more information.