At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Trust recognised that more staff would need to access psychology services.
This case study shows how the Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust has implemented a psychological support service for its staff.
Almost 1000 staff have been able to access psychological support since adopting new pathways as part of their overall health and wellbeing offer.
Key benefits and outcomes
- A number of key steps were taken, including:
- development and delivery of a staff support helpline
- provision of individual therapy for identified staff
- provision of tailored group support to specific staff groups
- delivery of mindfulness based cognitive therapy to support mental wellbeing and resilience.