Are you a prescriber or designated prescribing practitioner?
Does your organisation represent or employ prescribers?
Do you use the competency framework for all prescribers in your role or practice?
Then we want your views on the updated competency framework for all prescribers.
The framework has been reviewed and refreshed, in collaboration with a multi-expert group on behalf of all the prescribing professions in the UK.
Now we need you to complete our confidential survey, to ensure the updated framework is clear, relevant, current and fit for purpose for prescribers from all professional backgrounds.
This update affects all prescribers, including:
- Supplementary prescribers
- Prescriber trainees
- Course providers and
- Organisations representing and employing prescribers.
Here's a summary of the changes
- Introduction section is more concise and includes reference to the ‘Competency framework for designated prescribing practitioners’ (published December 2019).
- Section on ‘Purpose of framework’ has been expanded.
- Section on ‘Role of professionalism’ has been merged into the framework itself.
- There have been light amends to some competencies and supporting statements to make them clearer.
- There will be a Welsh translated version.
- There are now 75 supporting statements (11 new).
- There are new 'further information' sections for the supporting statements; we have moved further information/lists/examples here which clarify meaning and keeps the statements unique, clear and in scope.
- 1 supporting statement has been deleted (statement 4.5 deleted and merged with 4.3).
To make the framework more concise we’ve taken out the following sections and moved them to our website (the page will be open access):
- ‘How the framework was updated’
- ‘Putting the framework into practice’
- ‘Examples of uses’
- 2016 version will be archived.