Patient safety and digital experts have given their views on immediate digital priorities that could make a significant difference in the NHS.
Professor Mike Bewick, England’s former national deputy medical director and board member of C2-Ai, Helen Hughes and Clive Flashman, Patient Safety Learning, and Richard Jones, chief strategy officer, C2-Ai, discuss the following top ten digital priorities in this Digital Health article:
- Strengthen digital literacy.
- Better access to centrally sourced and patient-generated data.
- Adopt patient safety standards and embed these into new technologies, especially AI.
- Build safety more strongly into the user experience.
- Patient safety maturity index.
- Faster deployment of key technologies.
- Count what counts, not what is easy to count.
- Scanning multiple hospitals can double the effect of new systems.