In this interview for Healthcare IT News, Lisa Hedges, associate principal analyst at Software Advice, discusses the findings of a survey of 1,000 patients on telemedicine usage after the worst of the pandemic. She also talks about the future of telemedicine.
The survey found that:
- more than half of patients are concerned about the quality of care they're receiving through telemedicine.
- the majority of people prefer virtual appointments for common illnesses.
- 86% of patients rate their telemedicine experience as positive.
- 91% are more likely to choose a provider that offers telemedicine.
- 49% prefer telemedicine visits for mental health treatment, despite it being one of the more remote-ready specialties.
Patients prefer telehealth for common illnesses, study shows (23 November 2022) https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/patients-prefer-telehealth-common-illnesses-study-shows?mkt_tok=NDIwLVlOQS0yOTIAAAGIXN4lOZ0CfEjROY--q6qULTYQIutIaXoYK9SNaT4y824nIRItKYZZ86HDZ9-hBeZuziYMaZx7YMe5M4Xkku-8R1AH9yzLfz4aQIkzG5x0
0 reactions so far
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now