On 9 November 2022, The Professional Standards Authority hosted the Safer care for all conference to discuss questions and issues highlighted in the report Safer care for all – solutions from professional regulation and beyond. This webpage contains video summaries of the conference sessions.
The conference provided an opportunity to hear experts’ views as well as consider and contest the themes raised in the report, including the PSA's main recommendation, the creation of a health and social care safety commissioner in all four UK countries. Speakers and delegates came from both professional and system regulators as well as patient organisations, the ombudsman, the NHS, health and care sector organisations and major healthcare inquiries.
You can access the following videos of conference sessions:
- Welcome remarks from Caroline Corby, the PSA's Chair and Alan Clamp, PSA Chief Executive
- Is regulation keeping people safe?
- Health and Social Care Safety Commissioners: a solution to bridge the safety gaps in all UK countries?
- Are learning cultures compatible with individual accountability and candour?
- Should health and care professionals have a duty to tackle health inequalities?
- Parallel session A: Does regulation need to change to deliver the workforce of the future?
- Parallel session B: Are commercial interests in health and care harming people?
- The role of the Patient Safety Commissioner
- Closing remarks and next steps from Alan Clamp