Coronavirus: Share your tips

Share your tips and ideas on what you and your organisation are doing in the coronavirus pandemic. Let's share our solutions to the many problems and challenges we are currently facing. Here's one posted on Twitter from the Simulation and Resuscitation Department at Gloucestershire Hospitals.

Tweet.png.c6c42ecbd462b23efce56bf0e1a069be.png

EUV84dmWoAA-nJN.thumb.jpg.513dc6e84b4750d69c248dc5f2c41133.jpg

2 reactions so far

Thinking aloud ...  Please are there ways of enabling a next-of-kin to say goodbye to a conscious but dying covid-19 patient so that patient doesn't die without family?  

A voice on a phone?  A video on a phone?  A written note (in laminated, sanitised plastic pocked)?  Some form of talisman that the next-of-kin gives the patient when they're taken to hospital? 

As a cancer radiotherapy-survivor I know how comforting it was to carry a small note from my husband into the 'lock-down' radiotherapy rooms.  Obviously during this pandemic safety is paramount but a safe compromise way of farewell would help everyone involved with the death. 

0 reactions so far

@Sister_Medicine on twitter said she gave a dying patient a iPad so the family could say good bye

0 reactions so far

I attended a trauma call in my hospital the other day - dressed head to toe in PPE, we couldn't hear each other or knew who each other were.

Since this happened - we have not got these stickers to go on our PPE .  These are great for adhoc teams that come together in extremis (such as trauma calls)

bsuh badge.jpg

bsuh badges.jpg

1 reactions so far

Can't see who is under the PPE?  A nurse from Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust is making name badges for staff.

image.png.7e486ca3df536dfb585216dd47cf44d0.png1110718165_covidID.thumb.jpg.27973cb2f2d3be8dd8fcfffc7031aa58.jpg

0 reactions so far

Staff have been redeployed to many differing areas.  North West Anglia NHS Trust have designed these badges to help.  What a brilliant idea!

EWsfWuFUwAIzvHx.png

0 reactions so far

North Middlesex Hospital has introduced well being rooms and well being teams for their staff.  A place to unwind and have a chat.

wellbeing room.jpg

wellbeing.jpg

1 reactions so far

Keeping quality improvement going virtually - here’s some top tips from 
@mattcope16 on twitter -   for running virtual process mapping.

0 reactions so far