World Patient Safety Day

Following the Patient safety Congress, World Patient Safety Day is coming up very soon, 17th September. is anyone planning to do anything in their organisation? I re call that NHS Improvement said they will be supporting this but can't see any mention of this yet on the website.

1 reactions so far

Quite a few teams in our Trust seem interested in doing something; we haven't yet discussed what though. Interested to hear what others have in mind to help get the ball rolling.  I have not seen any other mentions of this day other than hearing about it at Patient Safety Congress..... would be a shame to see it pass by unnoticed!

How about asking as many patients, visitors and staff on duty that day to make a patient safety improvement suggestion or pledge..... might take some time to read through all the suggestions though (unless perhaps it could be an electronic version that can be digitally analysed? ?)

Thanks for getting the ideas flowing @Jayne Addison @Claire Cox

?

1 reactions so far
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:59, Danielle Haupt said:

Quite a few teams in our Trust seem interested in doing something; we haven't yet discussed what though. Interested to hear what others have in mind to help get the ball rolling.  I have not seen any other mentions of this day other than hearing about it at Patient Safety Congress..... would be a shame to see it pass by unnoticed!

How about asking as many patients, visitors and staff on duty that day to make a patient safety improvement suggestion or pledge..... might take some time to read through all the suggestions though (unless perhaps it could be an electronic version that can be digitally analysed? ?)

Thanks for getting the ideas flowing @Jayne Addison @Claire Cox

?

I like this idea! simple and easy to do in the time scale - will ask my team for ideas at our meeting later in the week

1 reactions so far

Great ideas.

We've been thinking of how best Patient Safety Learning should celebrate the day. Two of our team, @Mike Bird and @Margot, shared suggestions with our Board last week. Who also liked them. I'll leave it to them to share details.

Helen

2 reactions so far

World Patient Safety Day is a great idea to engage people to think about and act on patient safety. 

Many people will be doing things on the ground to mark the day, making people aware of patient safety and perhaps, taking actions to make things better.  Danielle's idea is a great example.

Patient Safety Learning's recent report, A Blueprint for Action (www.patientsafetylearning.org/resources/blueprint), identified six foundations of patient safety and the action we will take or instigate to address them.

We propose to mark World Patient Safety Day by building on this work.  We will launch the first of a programme of short videos to introduce people to the foundations of patient safety and the action we propose to address them.  We will add to these videos through the coming months until we have addressed all the foundations of patient safety.

In addition to generating interest on the day, we hope these videos will be of use to anyone trying to talk to colleagues or others about patient safety as a systemic issue that requires action.

We hope you enjoy them and - more importantly - that you find them useful in helping move the patient safety conversation forward.

2 reactions so far

Sounds great @Mike Bird, looking forward to your upcoming video posts! There is a meeting in the pipeline in our Trusts to get some ideas flowing, will try keep you posted. Thank you ?

1 reactions so far