Patients wanted to help review information documents

RHarrison

Hi there,

I represent a team of researchers in Reading, who are submitting ethical approval for a project investigating pain research and knee surgery. Part of this process is receiving feedback from an NHS ethics committee and addressing this for the benefit of the science, patients and clinicians involved. One suggestion they have made is that we involve patients within the review of our information sheets, which detail the procedures (both medical & research) that they may consent to. There is no requirement of expertise or experience from any patient who wishes to be involved, we are just very eager to make sure our information is clear, free of jargon and doesn't come across as confusing or intimidating.

The committee have indicated this is an optional recommendation, but it is one that I am very keen to engage with. As it's optional, we are unable to shift our deadline for this, and I would unfortunately need the documents reviewed and submitted by Thursday 26th November.

If this is something that anybody would be willing to help us with, I'd be very grateful. One information sheet is 2 pages, and the other is 7 pages, if this offers a good idea of how much time it may require. My hope it it would take no more than 30 minutes.

If you are able to volunteer your time, please contact me on rich.harrison@reading.ac.uk, and I will forward you the documents for your review. Once again, thank you in advance!

Richard

1 reactions so far