Diversity is a matter of makeup and composition. Inclusion is a matter of belief and behaviour. Diversity benefits no one unless we can unleash its power; simply putting diverse people together doesn't tap their creative potential. Inclusion does that. Inclusion releases talent and activates a cooperative system to harvest that talent. Without inclusion, we stall, sputter, and break down. Yet many organizations declare victory after becoming more diverse. That's a premature and uncritical celebration. Becoming more diverse is just the first step in a two-step transformation.
This webinar will discuss the socialisation of exclusionary bias and how to accelerate its removal. We will also discuss the difference between bonding and bridging behaviours and conduct a global brainstorming session to identify specific bridging behaviors that organisations can implement to create sanctuaries of inclusion. Findings will be gathered, designed, and shared following the event.
- What is diversity? (Make up and composition vs. Belief and behaviour)
- What is inclusion? (Being seen, heard, and appreciated)
- What is exclusionary bias? (Individual vs. systemic)
- How to accelerate the removal of exclusionary bias
- Biased behaviour brainstorm: Starting and Stopping
- Bonding vs. bridging behaviours: What’s the difference?
- Bridging behavior brainstorm: Starting and Stopping
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now